Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Top 10 Things to STOP Doing to Yourself!!!!

Alright my gorgeous peps! It's time to listen up! Today we are getting real here, it's time we step up to the plate and start being honest with ourselves! Being fit and healthy has just as much to do with our mental state as it does with our physical state! So, today we are focusing our improving ourselves! These are my top 10 things we need to stop doing to ourselves!

1. Stop spending time with the wrong people. – Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.  If someone wants you in their life, they’ll make room for you.  You shouldn’t have to fight for a spot.  Never, ever insist yourself to someone who continuously overlooks your worth.  And remember, it’s not the people that stand by your side when you’re at your best, but the ones who stand beside you when you’re at your worst that are your true friends. Believe me friends, I've been there! Who here stares at the phone just waiting to get that text, and we all know while we are waiting we get a text from everyone else under the sun, but the person we are waiting for! Stop giving someone that power over you!

2. Stop lying to yourself. – You can lie to anyone else in the world, but you can’t lie to yourself.  Our lives improve only when we take chances, and the first and most difficult chance we can take is to be honest with ourselves. Isn't it upsetting when a liars pants, don't actually catch on fire!

3. Stop trying to be someone you’re not. – One of the greatest challenges in life is being yourself in a world that’s trying to make you like everyone else.  Someone will always be prettier, someone will always be smarter, someone will always be younger, but they will never be you.  Don’t change so people will like you.  Be yourself and the right people will love the real you. "Don't be afraid of being different, be afraid of being the same as everyone else."

4. Stop trying to buy happiness. – Many of the things we desire are expensive.  But the truth is, the things that really satisfy us are totally free – love, laughter and working on our passions. Anyone that knows me, knows I do a lot of charity work, and that brings me more happiness that I could have ever imagined! One of my passions is helping others, it's totally free and makes me feel amazing!

5. Stop getting involved in relationships for the wrong reasons. – Relationships must be chosen wisely.  It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company.  There’s no need to rush.  If something is meant to be, it will happen – in the right time, with the right person, and for the best reason. Fall in love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely. True Story!

6 .Stop trying to compete against everyone else. – Don’t worry about what others are doing better than you.  Concentrate on beating your own records every day.  Success is a battle between YOU and YOURSELF only.

7. Stop wasting time explaining yourself to others. – Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it anyway.  Just do what you know in your heart is right. Just be yourself!

8.Stop acting like everything is fine if it isn’t. – It’s okay to fall apart for a little while.  You don’t always have to pretend to be strong, and there is no need to constantly prove that everything is going well.  You shouldn’t be concerned with what other people are thinking either – cry if you need to – it’s healthy to shed your tears.  The sooner you do, the sooner you will be able to smile again. If you all knew the amount of times in a week that I just sit down and I have a good cry you would all think I'm crazy! But it truly does make me feel better!

9. Stop worrying so much. – Worry will not strip tomorrow of its burdens, it will strip today of its joy.  One way to check if something is worth mulling over is to ask yourself this question: “Will this matter in one year’s time?  Three years?  Five years?”  If not, then it’s not worth worrying about. I am guilty as charged! I worry about everythingggg! But I am working on this one!

10. Stop being ungrateful. – No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life.  Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.  Instead of thinking about what you’re missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.

Speaking the truth today! 

A complete list of this article can be found at: 30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself. I keep this article book marked on my computer and revisited it when I need a little pick me up! I just wanted to share my top 10 with you! I hope it brought some light in to your day! Our health is an equal balance of our mental and physical states, if we don't have them in check, then what do we have?! 

"Be strong enough to let go, and patient enough to wait for what you deserve" 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment