Monday, November 25, 2013

Keeping our Dishes Delightful, without the Extra Guilt!

We all know this week we have a day full of eating ahead of us! But let's not let this one day ruin what we have all been working so hard for! Each day this week I'm going to be sharing tips on how to keep each course of your meal healthy, while still enjoying all the yummy treats the holiday has to offer!
   Enjoy your Turkey Day! 

 Today we are talking main dishes! Traditionally most of us eat turkey, but some of us may have ham, fish, or pork! Did you know that ham is one of the fattiest meats?! It contains 25% of your recommended amount of artery-clogging saturated fat in just ONE serving! EWW! Also, don't forget to skip the skin! Just one ounce of that yummy turkey skin is 80 calories and 2 grams of fat!!! Do you love the gravy as much as I do?! I can taste it as I sit here and type this, but unfortunately it adds 20 calories to you plate for each ounce! Don't get me wrong, I'm not skipping my gravy, but maybe I won't give my turkey a bath in it this year! Are you a dark meat or light meat lover?! Well if you swap dark meat for light meat you could save yourself 30 calories! Enjoy you Meals! But just remember, it's all about PC!!!! Portion Control!!! Don't let yourself over eat until the point of having to be rolled away from the table! That is not a pretty sight! ; )

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment