Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Don't let your Sides, End up on Your Sides!!!



Do you love side dishes more than the main dish?! Well….so do I!!! But, they certainly can be sinful and help you pack on the pounds! Did you know if you leave the bacon off your baked beans you could save yourself 42 calories?! One of my FAVES are the biscuits!!! Unfortunately they are dense in calories L However, cornbread can be a semi-healthier option. (which I love just as much J) Not so fast, just don’t smother it in butter! You can also skip the friend onions on top of that casserole and save yourself 50 calories! I know, I know….skip this, skip that, avoid this, avoid that, so what the heck are we suppose to eat!?!?! Just remember steamed veggies are always yummy and healthy! Instead of bathing you coleslaw in mayo, try using vinegar and herbs! Last, but not least don’t load you mashed potatoes with butter! Try mixing in low fat milk, chicken broth, and garlic cloves to add flavor! Trust me you won’t be sorry! Most importantly enjoy spending time with your loved ones and  take pleasure in your holiday!

“The love of a family, is life’s greatest blessing”

XOXO  

No comments:

Post a Comment