Wednesday, October 9, 2013

This is just the beginning....

Well here goes nothing....I'm completely new to this whole blogging thing, so I'm going to give it my best shot! I have decided to blog my weight loss journey. My weight is something that I have struggled with my entire life. It is not easy living in a world where so much emphasis is put on the way we look. Immediately if you are a "bigger" girl you must stuff your face and sit on your ass all day! While that is surely not the case.  Lately I have been looking at so many transformation pics that people post, and every time I think, I wish that were me or I wish I could do it. Well, why the hell can't I?! I CAN DO THIS! I'm sick and tired of standing in the mirror every morning hating what I look like. I'm sick of standing behind someone in every pic someone takes of me because I want to hide my body so no one will see what I "actually" look like! I know that I am my own worst critic and I only see the bad! But I want to be proud of who I am. Don't get me wrong, I am proud of who I am now, I mean I've accomplished a lot in my 23 years so far! I have graduated college with honors, hold four teaching certificates, and become very involved with charities. Hell, not to toot my own horn but I think I'm a pretty great person! But I want to better myself! This journey isn't about me changing what I look like for other people, it's about me becoming a healthier me! Nothing about this journey is going to be easy, but it is going to be totally worth it! Join me on this journey and we can do this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment