Thursday, October 17, 2013

BFFs.....Best Foodie Friends?!?!

I'm sure we all know someone who is a "foodie"! That person that plans everything around food!!! Since I have started eating healthy and cutting out crappy food, I have noticed that the people in my life spend a lot of time thinking and talking about food. I'm NOT talking about healthy foods, and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, we all have different life styles and that's great! But I have noticed a number of people that I come in contact whether it be at work, when I'm out and about, or even friends that I see pretty regularly, plan their daily activities around what they want to eat. I mean the people who suggest going to the mall because of a great restaurant they want to hit up, or someone that wants to join you on a trip to the store because they can stop and grab some fast food. I have honestly never took notice of how often food controls our lives! I mean I'm sure at some point I have been guilty of it too. Let's be honest, just because I want to get healthy and drop these extra pounds, I can't just stop eating out all together. I mean I'm sure some people can and that's fabulous, but I know that I can't, and that's just reality for me....and that's ok! But, what I can do is make healthier choices when I am eating out! Just two nights ago, I was at a sporting event, and stopped to grab some food at a pizza place with friends on the way home. Instead of just going for that juicy cheese steak I wanted, I opted for one slice of pizza and the salad bar. Don't get me wrong, I know that the slice of pizza wasn't a great choice, but normally I would have easily ate two or three slices. I was completely after a salad and one slice. Not full to the point of feeling uncomfortable, but full to the point that I had eaten enough. I have learned that this new life style is all about making healthier choices when it comes to putting food in my mouth. I guess in a way, I am a foodie as well! I have been spending a great deal of time shopping for healthier food, preparing meals, and researching healthy recipes. I'm not going to say I am on a diet because diets only last for a short amount of time, and then we fall back to our old ways, but rather call it a change in life style! But just because you have made a change in your life style, doesn't mean that you can't enjoy great food! Trust me, if I can do this, so can you! I have to be one of the pickiest eaters around, and I'm still finding ways to enjoy healthier foods! If you have a healthy recipe that you would like to share with the rest of us, please send it to me so I can add it to the healthy recipe section of the blog and we can all enjoy it! Here's to eating healthier and slimming our waist lines!

Your Foodie Friend

XOXO  

No comments:

Post a Comment