Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hide and Seek....

I am a true fashionista, I love everything about fashion, and especially LOVE my accessories! But, do we use our accessories as a way to hide ourselves from who we really are or who we think we are?!?! This summer I became obsessed with the oversized floppy hats and wore them mostly to the pool and beach. I felt a little more comfortable with a giant hat on, while I was walking around in my bathing suit. Why is that?  This is a question that I can't really answer. But have you ever thought about why you wear the accessories that you do?  I know that I feel much more comfortable when I have a pair of giant sunglasses on as well! I always buy the ones with the giant frames, mostly because I feel like my face is sooo big that I need the giant glasses to make it look proportional.  I also wear fake eyelashes almost everyday, because I feel I look better with them on. I mean we all have the occasional bad hair day, where we want to throw on a hat and run to the store, and I guess in a way that is what I am talking about. I know that at times I throw on accessories in hopes that people will notice them before they notice what I look like. Am I the only one who does this? Don't get me wrong, I love loud jewelry and things like that because that is my taste and who I am. I thought about this yesterday as I was getting ready to workout, I had no makeup on, and still had to throw a hair band in, hoping that would take attention away from the fact of my no makeup face. The more I think about it, the more and more I realize how hard we are on ourselves! Who cares if we have no makeup on, and frizzy hair, we aren't hurting anyone!  We should all feel comfortable in our skin, whether we are wearing nothing, or a fur coat with a matching hat! It is easier said than done, that's for sure. But I am truly going to work on not hiding behind my accessories, but rather wear them with confidence because I know I look good!
Sporting some of my go to accessories!

Ready or Not Here I Come...

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment