Wednesday, October 30, 2013

It's an Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini......Or Purple Dress Whichever!

Do you have that one item that you really want to wear but don't like the way it looks on you, so it's shoved in the back of your closet?!?! I know I do! Mine may not be a bikini because I don't think I will ever sport one of those, but I do have a purple dress that I love! I got this dress for just $3 on a clearance rack! However, when I picked up this dress to try it on, a sale associate at the store told me that I may want to try some Spanx on with it! Well, that just got my blood boiling! Who is she to tell me that I need to wear Spanx! I was furious and had my best friend not been there I may have even cried! But to spite the sales women I bought the damn thing because I liked it. I figured heck if I only wear it once, I'll get my money's worth out of it. I have only worn this dress once, and felt so self conscience in it! Maybe it had to do with the sales associate maybe not, but this is my dress that I want to feel comfortable and cute wearing!

To give myself a little extra motivation I have hung this dress up in spot that every time I walk into my room I will see it and be reminded of my goals! Don't get me wrong, I want to look good and feel more confident in all of my clothes, but I want to prove that I can wear this dress and look good with out having to wear Spanx! Do you have a pair of pants that you are saving hoping to fit back into one day?! Try it, hang them in a spot where you will constantly be reminded of your goals! Heck I may even hang a picture of the dress on fridge!

Nothing comes with out hard work! I know that I am not going to feel comfortable in that dress and unless I put in my time and work hard! Last night at the gym I pushed myself hard! It's hard to see in this pic, but there is literally sweat running down my face! I knew that I pushed hard last night and went to bed proud of myself! Don't lose sight of your goals along the way! Stop and ask yourself why you're doing this?! I am doing this for ME and me alone!

You are stronger than you know!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment