Saturday, January 18, 2014

What Keeps Me Motivated?!

So did you all love my exciting news? I'm so pumped that I have all these new resources for helping all of you! I have been spending a great deal of time reading and studying all of my materials so that I can better motivate you all! I hope you are all keeping your eyes and ears open for the announcement of my first challenge group!

Lately, a lot of people have been contacting me asking how I stay motivated! Well, let me just tell you how happy I am that I have stuck to this and NOT GIVEN UP! I feel terrific! Even if I look the same as the day I started, which I don't think I do, I already feel more confident in myself! But it's definitely taking hard work to get there! Last night I worked out for a long time! I ran 5 miles, did T25 Total Body Circuit, and did some weight training!

What is T25? For those of you who don't know what T25 is, it's simply.....truly.....AMAZING!!! When I first started working out, I bought this program just because I knew it was 25 mins long and then I was done! If you can't spare 25 mins for yourself everyday, we need to have a talk! Well, I got the program and I love that there is a little clock in the corner counting down your time for you! It's a great motivator to just keep going and push to reach the 25 min. mark. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to keep up with them or do every move they do, well fear not! On the TV you will see 5 people working out, one of which is a modifier. She breaks the moves down to easier ones for you! I definitely used that in the beginning, and I'm not going to lie, I still look to her for those days when I can't seem to do what the others are doing! Is it tough?!?! Um YEAH! If you only want to work out for 25 mins a day, you have to make it count right?!?! Is it doable? FOR SURE! I was a freakin' couch potato and still managed to get it done! If you have any questions about that program, email me!!! I have owned this for 3 or so months now and would be happy to answer questions! If you want to check it out, teambeachbody.com/jessbeattie

So what else keep me motivated? My coach! Yes I said my coach! Just because I switched over to the coaching world doesn't mean I have stopped reaching out to mine for encouragement and support! No way, she is awesome and I still lean on her when I need to! Just the other night, I was working out while I had a migraine and fighting a stomach bug, I sent her a message complaining about how long it was taking me to complete what I wanted, then sent her another message when I FINALLY finished! Both times, she answered right away with words of encouragement to kick me into gear! I am here to do that for you as well! HIT ME UP and I will be your little burst of support and encouragement!

A huge motivator for me is my why list! Do you remember that list I posted way back in Oct?!?! Well I still read that to myself all the time! I want to reach my goals more than you ever know! My biggest reason for wanting to be healthy is so that I can have the opportunity to save someone's life! Save someone's life what???? Yes! When my mom got sick, I quickly realized how important organ donations, blood donations, any type of donation they can use to save someone's life are! My mom had many many blood transfusions, and if those people had donated their blood, she wouldn't be here! As you all know, my mom is an amazing person, and a true fighter, but the reality that we live with every day is that she is in stage 3 kidney disease and one day may need a kidney transplant! And you better bet your buns, I'll be the first one to be tested! But to be considered for a match, you need to be in good physical health! This is a huge motivator for me! Could you imagine, if I was a match, but they didn't take mine because I wasn't healthy enough, I couldn't live with myself!

There are of course little things I do everyday to keep me motivated as well!

1.When I run I watch a movie or favorite TV show on my phone! It helps the time fly bye without you realizing how far you have ran!

2. Some days I read a book while I run! I love to read and when I start a book, I can't put it down. So lately my life has been so crazy busy, the only time I get to read is when I am running! It's a great reward to myself!

3. I talk to myself! I mean literally talk out loud motivating myself if I have to! The others at my gym make think I am crazy! And they are right! I am CRAZY motivated to reach my goals!

4. Take pics! I take pics of the sweat pouring off me after a workout to remind myself I have earned every bead of that sweat!

5. This blog! I love reporting to you all! All of your comments, and likes, and what not are crazy motivating! You all believe in me, and that is amazing!

Don't ever forget I am here for you! Reach out to me! I want you to succeed and reach your goals more than you do! I know you can do it! I believe in you!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment