Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Are you comfortable in your own skin?!?!

 How many of you are honestly 100% comfortable in your skin?! If I had to guess, I would say most of us are not!! I know for sure, that I am not. I hate when people take pictures of me. Don't get me wrong, because if you are my friends or family you will be thinking to yourselves that I am always taking pictures, and yes that is true, but I always use the front facing camera on my phone, so that I can see what I look like before I snap that pic. I am extremely self conscience. I usually change 3-5 times before leaving the house. How many of you can relate to this?! I think no matter what size or shape you are, we all have insecurities. As I type this, I think to myself, what will it take for me to be completely comfortable in my own skin, and my honest answer is, that I don't know!!! I think back through my childhood, and I was always thought of as the "bigger" girl. I can't remember a time when I did not struggle with my weight. This journey isn't only about losing weight, it's about discovering myself on a whole new level. I've shared this with you before, but I once had a teacher say, "pictures don't lie". You know what? He's right!!! We tell ourselves, oh that camera adds 10 pounds, but you know what?! It's the fact that we don't want to face reality. I am guilty of it, I always told myself that. Up until recent times I truly believed that! As part of the journey, I have been taking pictures every step of the way. The truth is....pictures don't lie!!! Take a picture of yourself today......yes a full body picture! What don't you like about it? Your midsection? Your arms? Maybe a double chin? Don't hide from that picture. Embrace the beauty that is you! But learn from your picture, set goals, and create a plan of how you are going to reach those goals. It's not going to be easy. That I have learned from experience. I have been giving it my all for 3 months now, and just recently I am staring to see results. But, that's ok! 3 months ago, I couldn't run a mile, in fact in high school I always had one of the slowest mile times, now I average 5 miles in 45 mins! My body is capable of so much more than it was 3 short months ago. This is just the beginning for me. What am I going to be able to do 3 months from now, or 6 months from now??? I don't know, but I do know that I am NOT GIVING UP! Many of you have sent such kind words to me after sharing my last picture, and those thoughts mean so very much to me! Honestly, more than you would ever know. It's very very hard to put myself on display, but I do it to prove to all of you, that it can be you in that picture! If I can do this, you certainly can! It doesn't take huge steps to start, it just takes a little motivation and drive to want to succeed! I am here with you every step of the way, honestly! Have you taken your picture yet?!?! Well, what are you waiting for???? Together we can do this!!! If I have inspired just one of you to look at your picture a little differently, then my job here is done! You are all truly beautiful individuals! Our beauty is what makes a unique! Well.......quit reading......and get to work on reaching your goals! Just remember....I BELIEVE in YOU!!!!

This is one of the hardest pics to share! 
But this can be you! 

I love you all!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment