Sunday, December 8, 2013

Operation Beautiful

If you are all like me, up until this week you have never heard of operation beautiful! When I first looked at the list of challenges for Elf for Health I saw operation beautiful listed, but I had no idea what it was. After some research I have learned that Operation Beautiful is a movement across the nation. It's sole goal is to end negative self-talk or fat talk. Have you ever stopped to think how toxic negative self talk is!? We all do it, but why?!?! Why are we so damn hard on ourselves? The idea behind this movement is to leave positive messages on mirrors in public places, in books, in restaurants. For example, "You are amazing just the way you are." It's truly a simple act of random kindness. All you need is a piece of paper and a pen. Think of what a wonderful place it would be if you were constantly reminded of how amazing you are! It would be magical! If you feel the same way I do, you may feel a little strange about leaving notes in random places. But at the end of the day, who cares if you brought a smile to one person's face, you may have changed their whole day around! Let's try it! Post your notes and snap a picture! Don't forget to hashtag me! #thebulkybitch It can be our little way of changing this ugly world!


My notes I left for others!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment