Friday, February 21, 2014

A HUGE Change of Heart!

So, I have had this one picture hanging in my office for as long I can remember. Is it a funny picture, yes! But the reality of this picture is that, it's how I felt. I never wanted to step on the scale! I knew that when I did, it would make me sad and depressed. Why would I want to do that to myself!? So, what did I do? I avoided it as much as possible. I put it out of my mind, like the problem would just go away. Well, guess what? It was never going to go away unless I did something about it!



I haven't been to my office in a few weeks, because I have been working a different position for a few months. I stopped in there a week or so ago, and saw this picture hanging on my wall. As a matter of fact, it was starting to fall down, and that is what caught my attention. I stopped and stared at this picture for a good 2-3 mins. I thought to myself, I honestly don't feel this way anymore. I don't fear the scale! I don't avoid it! I jump on that scale with excitement and determination. I am so happy when I see that number at my feet, because it proves to me that my hard work is paying off! It proves that every single minute I spend in the gym, and preparing clean meals is worth it!

I could not believe the change of heart I have had over this picture. In fact, I took the picture down. I don't want the people in my office thinking I live in fear of the scale, because I DON'T! Am I thrilled at the number I see when I jump on that scale, yes and no! I am happy because it shows progress, but I am still not anywhere close to my goal weight!

It's so easy to get discouraged when you think about how far you have to go. But I choose to focus on how far I have come! To date, I am down 18 pounds. Now that may not sound like a great deal to some people, but I have truly worked my ass to get where I am, and there is no turning back. I can not even imagine going back to my old ways. I didn't realize it at the time, but I was so unhappy with myself. When you are down on yourself, and miserable you project that on to others. I am quite sure, I was not always a joy to be around. Now don't get me wrong, I am probably still not always a joy to be around, but I am happy! I am learning to be comfortable in my own skin. In just 5 months, I honestly feel like a completely different person. It's not always easy to admit it to ourselves, but I am proud of myself. I made the decision to change my life for the better, and 5 months later I am still going strong. I can honestly say, this was one of the best decisions of my life.

It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be! I started with baby steps, and just keep pushing forward. It's a learning experience. But trust me.....all you have to do is start!!! So what are you waiting for?! 
 
Let's do this together! 
 
XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment