Friday, February 14, 2014

What do You Wear When You Work Out?!?!

I have gotten many emails asking about my workout gear. Finding comfortable fitness gear for a plus size woman is harder than you may think. Honestly, I buy most of my workout clothes at Old Navy. They fit great and are relatively inexpensive. I have a few pairs of workout pants from the GAP that I LOVE as well. I would say the question I get asked the most is what type of sneakers I run in. Currently I wear Adidas. It took me a very very very long time to find a good pair that I love. I first bought Nike Shox, and let me tell you, I had zero luck with them. They pinch my foot terribly. I mean I can wear them when I'm running errands, but to workout in...NO WAY!Z I also tried Saucony's. They were ok, but my arch was uncomfortable. I always seem to have a problem with my arches!

I would recommend getting fitted for a sneaker. I had this done a Foot Locker. They had me walk around with just my socks, and I kid you not, the woman sat on the floor and watched how I took my steps. She then had me try on different sneakers and watched me walk around again. She explained that I have very flat feet, and that's why my arches bother me in sneakers. She helped me find a pair that worked for me. She was awesome!!! She didn't try to talk me into the most expensive ones either. She did all of it for FREE too! It was very helpful! When I bought my Adidas sneakers, I bought them in both colors, because I didn't know how long it would take me to find another pair that I loved as much!

I often wear hats when I workout as well, it keeps the sweat from running down my face and my crazy hair in one place. I hit an awesome sale at Dick's and got 4 hats, for under $30! Keep your eyes our for good deals!

XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment