Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Thoughts on this?!

So I saw this picture on my news feed this morning, and I literally stopped scrolling and just stared at it....like what has society come to?! In all honesty, there are some days when I wish it was just this easy. Weight is something I have struggled with my whole life. The other night I was at work and a co-woker was telling me about his sister, and referred to her as "my size". I just looked at him and said nothing. But my size? What is my size? Is that how I measured? By how wide I am, how big my boobs are, what size shoe I wear? No one asks how big your heart is, or what your goals are! Nope you are measured by how you look. Now I am sure he meant nothing by it, but it got me thinking, my size! Hmmmm what is my size?!

I think this picture speaks volumes because it is a young girl....but the truth of the matter is, yes that's what we as society are teaching these girls. We all want to look like that girl in the magazine, and I would be lying if I said I didn't want to. Of course I want to! But that's not a reality for me. I will never be a size 0 and be skin and bones. I am me, and if people can't accept that I have fat, then well I don't have room for them in my life.

This picture hits home for me. I was this girl growing up. I hated what I looked like. I still don't like to look in the mirror, I still don't believe people when they tell me I am pretty or what not. I wish I could see what others see just for one day.....what a world it would be if we could look at ourselves through someone else eyes.

Thoughts?! How do you feel when you see this picture?!

1 comment:

  1. Jess, Could I ask that the image of the little girl with scissors be credited to the photographer please.
    Thank you so much
    Meg Gaiger/Harpyimages Harpyimages.deviantart.com

    ReplyDelete