Friday, September 12, 2014

August Foodie Penpal Experience

In July I particiapted in the July foodie penpal experience, and I LOVED it! I was so fun exchanging a box of goodies with someone you never met. I loved so stuff more than others, but the coolest part was my box was filled with stuff I had never tried before. I have never heard of Trader Joe's and most of my goodies came from there. I am seriously in love with their products!

I had so much fun with the exchange in July that I couldn't wait to sign up again in August. I signed and was immediately paired with someone who lived in Virgina. We exchanged a few emails and I was beyond excited to get my box.....I waited and wait......and it never came! :( I was very disappointed with my match. I had a lot of fun getting my box ready and sent it to her by the deadline, and even provided a tracking number. I did get an email saying she received it, and thanked me for the goodies.

Each month we are encouraged to share what was in the box we received, but since I didn't get one, I will share what I put in the one I sent!

I decided to decorate my box like I do with the care packages I send to the troops each month. I think it feels more personal and is a nice little surprise. This month I included the new dipin' products, which I was told were debuted at a local food festival this summer. I also included some macaroons, trail mix, honey sticks, 3 types of Oloves, a jar of Coutts Blueberry jam, and a my favorite cookie from my favorite bakery.

I like to include products that I find a local markets or farms. I have tons of fun hunting for products for my box! We have a local market in our town called, Mill Market, it's packed with cool little goodies that I don't see in a lot of places.

Overall when the exchange is done correctly, it's tons of fun! I decided to take Sept. off, but I am super excited for the October exchange. If you would like to check out how to get involved check it out here.

Hope you join us soon!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment