Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Shhh........


Today I am sharing my secret that brightens each and every on of my days.....It's so simple and literally only takes a few seconds each day.....so are you ready for this?!?! About 8 months ago I decided that I was going to keep a gratitude journal. It started with the November challenge.....each day you choose something to be thankful for and post about it. Well, I loved the idea behind! It made me really reflect upon each one of my days. It's so easy to say, oh this was a bad day, or I can't believe that just happened, can I ever catch a break?! But how many of you can say that each day, you look at every little thing you did, and choose to be grateful for something, even if the only good part about your day was that you woke up.....well hey, you woke up and have another chance at this thing called life!

So I choose to keep a journal, and reflect on my days. I try to choose one part of my day and write why I am thankful for it. Some days, I am just thankful that I have the use of my limbs, or that I am able to communicate with others. I teach special education, and if there is one thing about this profession, it makes you realize how blessed we are. I love what I do, and I love the kids I work with. It makes me who I am, but I am grate for all the things my body allows me to do.

So that's my little secret.....I choose to focus on one little aspect of my day each and every day! I noticed that after reflecting on the good, the bad parts of your day don't seem that bad after all. I try to distance myself from negative people. This world is so filled with hate and depression, and all I can do is try to surround myself in a positive bubble and keep a smile on my face.

Try it for a week and see if you find a smile on your face more often!

Well now that the cat is out of the bag....share your gratitude with those in your life!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment