Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.....

Where have I been?! Well life has been crazy lately, and I am not going to sit here and make excuses, but you know when time just gets away from you?! Like hello....it's November!!! When did that happen?!

So life has been a roller coaster filled with both ups and downs, and that's the way life goes right?! It's not all glitter and rainbows all the time! One of the most important things for me to do is to reflect on me and my actions. We are so quick to listen to others, and if you're anything like me, you want to help, but sometimes I get to involved and take things to heart. Lately, I have been learning to step back from things, and just let them happen, because let's face it....at the end of the day you can only control yourself and your own actions. I have been making myself crazy thinking of all the what ifs, and just a ball of nerves. At the end of each day, I sit and ask myself, "Was I the best possible person I could have been today? Was I quick to listen, and slow to speak? Was I a good friend, daughter, cousin, girlfriend? What could I have done differently today?" At the end of each day if you can't look at yourself in the mirror and be proud at the person looking back, then you need to change that. Don't get me wrong, I don't go to bed every night thinking I am the best thing since slice bread, because I certainly am not. But I want to give the best version of myself to others every day! Isn't that what we should all strive for?!

Life is tricky....I spent 4 years busting my butt in school to graduate with honors and a dual degree, only to graduate and struggle to find a job. Two years later, I am still struggling....I'm working 3 jobs just to stay ahead, and lately I have been almost feeling sorry for myself? Well guess what?! I have a job, a roof over my head, a new car, and my bills are paid. So why am I not happy with my current situation?! Is it ideal....no but I will be where I want in a few years! That I am sure of, because I will not stop chasing my goals. I need to stop and look at all of the lives I have touched so far, and while that may not be many, I would like to think I have impacted some of my students in ways that I may not know!

This week I made a difficult decision....a year ago I was beyond excited to sign with BeachBody and become a coach. I had so much success with challenge groups, I wanted to take that a step further and help others, and in reality, I became completely overwhelmed and sort of shut down. I love my team and beachbody, but right now I have decided to step away from coaching and start from the beginning as a challenger. For many reasons this is the right decision for me at this time. I know that some may be upset or disappointed in me, but I hope they everyone can respect my decision and understand where I am coming from. I haven't lost sight of my goals, I am doing what I need to do in order to reach them.

I thank everyone who continues to follow me and support me on this journey!

XOXO

The Bulky B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment